The 26th Quebec edition of the Banff Mountain Film Festival’s World Tour is back in theatres and promises a captivating evening of breathtaking images! The Festival presents short and medium-length films made by adventurers in the heart of the wilderness. Inspiring adventures, intertwined with human prowess and stories that often go beyond the protagonists’ sporting exploits. Tour fans devour spectacular films in which cycling, skiing, climbing, mountaineering, kayaking and other disciplines are at the heart of extraordinary achievements.
With 21 cities, the Quebec tour is one of the largest of the World Tour, which brings together adventure enthusiasts in over 40 countries. The Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival is the most prestigious film event of its kind in the world. For 45 years in Banff, at the end of October and beginning of November, it presents to festival-goers from the four corners of the world, a hundred films selected from nearly 400 short and medium-length films in competition.
– Doors open at 6pm
– The evening lasts 3 hours, including intermission and draw
– The program is the same for each screening
– Films are presented in their original version with subtitles to preserve their authenticity
– Numerous door prizes drawn at the end of the break
– A photographic exhibition whose theme varies each year accompanies the Tour