You have children and want to visit a city where culture is fun, everywhere and accessible? Head to Rouyn-Noranda, cultural capital.
Here, culture is child’s play!
There are many opportunities to enjoy family-friendly cultural experiences all year long. And for the summer of 2022, we offer a fun RALLY to do with your family, which will give you a nice REWARD.
- The Musée d’art de Rouyn-Noranda, a must for your family outings. With its exhibitions, activity books for children and a family area for a moment of creativity and relaxation.
- The Dumulon General Store and the St. Georges Russian Orthodox Church, which offer a lively experience through an animated visit of these two heritage sites.
- The Municipal Library offer a peaceful yet stimulating place for families: story times, readings in the park, shows, computer lab, LEGO table and comfortable reading spaces!
- L’Écart, an artist-run center where it’s easy to enjoy guided and animated tours and exhibitions and where children are welcome.
- Festivals that offer families the chance to find moments in their programming where both young and old know how to have fun: Festival de musique émergente, Festival des Guitares du Monde, Festival pyromusical Osisko en lumière, Festival du cinéma international.
- Art galleries and artworks in restaurants.
- Public art everywhere: murals, sculptures and artistic rest areas.
- Historical tours to walk and listen to.
- For the active people: funny sculptures on the trails of Lake Rouyn or the Randonne-Rit, modules to play in each neighbourhood, including one that represents a small boomtown, a large pedestrian zone animated all summer long in the downtown area with artworks on the ground that become games for the little ones, public pianos to play on.
Whether for a short or long stay, Rouyn-Noranda is the place to bring your family to live a rich cultural experience, with the added bonus of a large choice of outdoor activities.
RALLY AND REWARD
Once in Rouyn-Noranda, we suggest that you take part in a family rally that will allow you to discover beautiful outdoor works of art and to earn a quadruple reward available until September 10th, 2022. Download this document for explanations and the link to the questionnaire.
Download the instructions (english version coming soon)
Access the online questionnaire (english version coming soon)
Share your cultural experiences with us on social networks